Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Baby Crafts

One of my good friends recently had her first baby, so naturally I wanted to make something for her.  I did a lot of blog searching to find the perfect gifts.  (A necessary part of the creative process, of course).  Here's what I came up with.

Nursing Cover

I found this great tutorial.  The only change I made was to add a second fabric on the back. The material I chose was a little see-through, which seemed to defeat the whole purpose of a nursing cover in the first place.  Even with my remedial sewing skills this was an easy project.  At least it was once I realized I hadn't wound the bobbin correctly...and had done lots of unstitching.  Despite my beginning-sewer-issues I'm looking forward to making another one.  Maybe I'll make one for me, even though there won't be another baby for a while. 

Nursing Bracelet

This thing is PURE GENIUS.  Each bead marks a 15 minute interval, so you can put the charm at the time when you last fed your baby. And since it's made with memory wire, you can easily switch arms so you know which side to start nursing on next. I wish I'd had one of these when Jack was first born.  Most days I was too tired to remember my name, let alone when he last ate or what side he started on.  I got the idea from this creative blogger.

Iron-on Onesies

I realize you can buy onesies with cute stuff on them, but where's the fun in that?  I wanted to give her some onesies that were a little different.  Thanks to microsoft clip art I was able to make some fun ones.  The saying on the dump truck picture is courtesy of Ross.

So, anybody else want to have a baby so I can make more fun crafts?

4 comments:

Anon. said...

You are so creative!!! Love your ideas.

Wendi said...

What good ideas! You are so talented!

katie said...

It almost makes me want another baby. Almost.

Julie said...

So cute!!! You're a good friend. :-)

Virtual Charlie