Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Office Redo

I'm currently working on changing the office into a playroom for Jack...much to the chagrin of my husband. He moaned and grumbled about the change until his sister told him a playroom was a 'necessity.' No more grumbling...in fact he's started to get rather involved in the planning. It's much more fun that way.

I wanted to spend as little $$$ as possible, but have the design be something that will last, since this will eventually turn into Jack's room when we decide to have another little one. I kept the wall color the same because really, who wants to paint? Ross has always said it was a kid's room color anyhow. I was also inspired by this picture which was painted by a former roommate. She created this in about 10 minutes one day when she was bored. Some people are so talented...I wish I could paint like this.


Here's what I've accomplished so far.

Project 1: Shelf Redo


Ross made this shelf when we first decorated the office. We thought it would be cheaper to make it than buy it. In hindsight we should have just bought it...assembling it took forever. However, Ross did a great job, so I wanted to reuse it. I repainted it white (it was black before) and found some buckets to stuff toys in. They fit perfectly. And I had to add a decorative touch. After all, I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time in the playroom too.

Project 2: Art Work


I needed something fun, and cheap, to go above the desk area. Enter Microsoft Clipart. When paired with a color printer, there isn't much you can't do. Can't wait to see how it looks all hung up.

4 comments:

Wendi said...

Seriously, you are the most creative person I know. You take simple things, and make them look amazing! Jack will have tons of fun in his new toy room!

The Newbold's said...

Wendi is right, you can take the most random things and turn them into masterpieces. Maybe you can't paint like your roommate, but what she does with a brush and paint, you do with things; esp things from garage sales! This looks SMASHING!! (in an english accent)

Hahahahaa, the word verification is deverle. Deverle, hahahhahaa. That's a funny name!

katie said...

Talent my friend. Very.

Mom said...

How cute, I want to come and visit! You girl, are in the wrong business! :-)

Virtual Charlie