Thursday, April 24, 2008

Chicken Soup for Me

Well, it's no Pioneer Woman photo, but it'll have to do. Jack and I have been sick, so last night I decided to make some Chicken Noodle Soup. He can't eat any, but the homemade noodles always make me feel better. Here's my recipe:

Tamara's Chicken Noodle Soup

1 T oil
1 T butter
1 medium onion, diced
3-4 carrots, diced
4-5 celery stalks, diced
1 chicken breast, cut into small pieces
12 cups water
1/4 c chicken buillon
1 T Bouquet Garni
salt & pepper to taste
homemade noodles

In a stock pot melt butter and heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion, carrots and celery until soft. Remove to seperate bowl. Brown chicken. Add vegetables back in. Add water and buillon. Bring to a boil, add seasoning, salt and noodles. Cook until noodles are done.

I highly recommed trying this recipe...it's one of my favorites. And if you're feeling lazy you can stop by for some noodles. I made extra.

1 comment:

katie said...

looks delish. thanks in advance for the recipe. hope you're ok.

Virtual Charlie