Wednesday, May 28, 2008

In Memory


I meant to post this on Memorial Day, but I'm a few days late. So, just pretend...

Today is a day for remembering those we've lost. It's been 2 years since I lost my nephew Dallin. He was just 2 years old. Losing this little boy taught me two things: 1. Tragedy can happen to anyone, and 2. I should enjoy my loved ones while they're still here. I have no idea how my sister and her husband dealt with his loss; they're some of the strongest people (and most amazing parents) I know.

Although I remember him everyday, I wanted to write down a few of my favorite Dallin Moments:

* This boy loved vegetables. He'd often cry until his mom would give him peas for breakfast. Weird kid.

* He also loved his Grandpa. I helped him wake "Bumpa" from his notorious naps a few times.

* When he first started walking he would run into my open arms and give me a great big hug. He made me feel like the most important person on earth.

* He had the cutest way of saying Ross' name, almost like a growl....RRRRRoss. Although I like to pretend I was his favorite, he truly loved his Uncle. Ross loved him, too. The first and only time I've seen Ross cry was at his funeral.

* I used to dance with him to the "Move It" song from the movie Madagascar. He'd squeal in delight as he moved his little limbs. I still cry when I hear that song.

Dallin, we still miss you. We'll always love you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute post! Those are wonderful memories of a very special little boy. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU FOR THE BEAUTIFUL TRIBUTE TO OUR SWEET LITTLE DALLIN!!!!

katie said...

So sweet. Darling little boy.

Cortney said...

That was great. It made me tear up. I am glad you and your family can remeber the good times you enjoyed with him!

Virtual Charlie